Ten Top Tips for First-Time Adventure Travellers from TrekAmerica
How to get the most from your first group adventure.
TrekAmerica’s top ten tips for first-time travellers:
- Make sure your passport is in date and that you have the correct visas, if needed
- Have sufficient travel insurance to cover adventure sports such as kayaking and mountain biking, if you plan on doing these activities whilst away
- Know at least one good card game – this is a great way to meet new people if you are staying in a hostel or on a trek
- Learn how to cook one simple meal before your trip – this will keep you going when money is tight
- Research your trip and have an idea of where you are going and what you will be doing
- Keep mobile calls to a minimum or buy a local sim card to cut the costs of phone calls
- Pack light – if there’s one mistake first time traveller will make, it’s taking too much stuff, most of which will not be used
- Don’t forget sun cream and a hat – even in the shade you can get burnt and you won’t want to miss out because you have sunstroke
- Take a journal to record your experiences and contact details for the new friends you will make
- Try a multi charger or solar-powered charger to keep your MP3 player and mobile phone batteries topped up
Fired up & ready to go? Visit the TrekAmerica website to see the range of adventures available »
This holiday is from
(ATOL number 6576)
More from TrekAmerica »
Not quite right?
See more holidays like this
see another offer
or try ...